595 questions
Score of 0
1 answer
58 views
MAUI MVVM ContentView binding and updating are working, but bindings of elements of a datamodel are not updated
MAUI MVVM net9.0 with CommunityToolkit.MVVM and CommunityToolkit.Maui
The example is very nice, with a working binding Contentview and Tab click response
The ContentView is binding and updating the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
83 views
Average (measure) based on most recent date
My Power BI model has a single table. I cannot create any new calculated table.
I need to develop 2 measures in the DAX language, one for Salary of an employee based on most recent effective date; the ...
Score of 0
0 answers
223 views
Having Business Key in Kimball style fact tables
Many Kimball style star schema articles suggest that not to have a BK in Fact tables, the grain/uniqueness of Fact tables are supposed to be maintained by the combined SKs from its Dimension tables.
...
Score of 0
1 answer
58 views
Data Model Issue: the query is returning instances of records not in the selection path
I am creating a graph data model and loading a csv file in neo4j aura.
Below is few rows in my csv file and the script to create the data model.
My issue is when querying the data model for a specific ...
Score of 0
1 answer
166 views
Can I force PowerQuery to clear the Data Model before refreshing?
I'm trying to develop an audit tool to track changes in our product library (bureaucracy prevents a better option) but when I refresh my live DB query and compare it to the previous copy, I notice the ...
Score of 1
1 answer
273 views
Excel to produce "tree" tables
I am new working with Excel data models, and I would like to know if is possible to do the following:
I have a table that lists elements by boxes. Box type 1 contains elements 1,2,3,4: box type 2 ...
Score of 1
1 answer
168 views
How to deal with changes in Power BI dimension tables?
I have a Power BI data model (star schema) with a Dimension customer table and a Fact Sales table.
I want to be able to analyse historically which locations had which sales. How would I deal with a ...
Score of 0
1 answer
518 views
How to Use VBA to Filter a Pivot Field (Data Model)
I am attempting to write code that will allow me to filter out a single item from a pivot field. My pivot table is built from a data model and not from a regular table. I believe this changes things. ...
Score of 0
1 answer
646 views
How to remove blank row from my Matrix Visual in Power BI?
I have a data model comprising tables like Calendar, Products, Returns, Sales, Customers, Products Category, Products Subcategory, and Territory. Sales and Returns are fact tables and others are ...
Score of 0
1 answer
733 views
How can I write a source.yml in sqlmesh to import a table from Snowflake?
I'm trying to run a model on sqlmesh just as in dbt but I'm finding some problems.First, I don't know what the syntax is for a source.yml in sqlmesh. I found examples on dbt but no example for sqlmesh....
Score of 0
1 answer
276 views
How to get the DynamoDB data model from NoSQL Workbench based on Dynamose Schema?
I'm playing with Dynamose library approach and generate automatically the database table with the current schema, but the I cannot get the DynamoDB data model to create in AWS, I verified the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
234 views
Using a single slicer to dynamically filter multiple pivottables from excel data model
I have a project for which I am creating a dashboard. In this dashboard I have multiple pivotcharts that use slicers connected to all pivotcharts to filter and visualize data. This works great when ...
Score of 0
0 answers
41 views
Difficulties with Data Model Design
Good morning,
I am new to power BI and I'm designing a dashboard that's supposed to be simple.
I have a table that contains planned budgets for 2024 and 2025 for a selection of partners per sector.
...
Score of 0
1 answer
572 views
Creating a dynamic table (to handle Financial Statements) in Power BI with calculated values from another table based on conditions
Update 6:
Yes i updated it so its easier to understand. The account_keys are now NE, CM and so on
And in the Table DimFinancialStatement you see what the numbers are i need. Some of them from the ...
Score of 0
1 answer
105 views
Pivot with added data model - how to enable file path/name change for the end user
I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve this:
In my project, user can provide sales data and use macro to summarise the data and calculate market share. The macro itself, creates a pivot out of ...